Plan your next trip to Singapore for 2019: Changi Airport (SIN) just unveiled incredible plans for their new terminal complex, known as Jewel.
Changi Airport is already known worldwide for its modern design, best-in-class shopping and dining, and overall air travel innovation. This combination has earned Singapore’s airport the distinctive of world’s best for the last several years.
Canopy Park at the Jewel complex looks to change the whole game of airport layovers – and continue to hold steady as the world’s #1 airport.
The city-state has a reputation as the “City in a Garden”, and Canopy Park is the airport’s extension of this. The goal of the airport park is to bring nature indoors – and make it experiential for all ages. Not a bad way to pass time between flights!
The 14,000 square meter park (the equivalent of 11 Olympic swimming pools) will have several attractions:
- Sky Nets is a series of nets that make you feel you’re walking or bouncing or tree tops. If you can handle the height, you’ll get a thrill from looking down 25 meters to Level 1 of the airport!
- Canopy Mazes has two maze structures: wander through a hedge maze and find the a soaring watch tower (also not for the faint of heart), or get lost in a mirror maze, reminiscent of old-school amusement parks.
- Discovery Slides combines adult- and kid-friendly play slides with artfully designed sculptures.
- Younger kids will love Foggy Bowls, gently rolling, mist-filled bowls that make you feel like you’re playing hide and seek in the clouds.
- Canopy Bridge offers the best views of the Rain Vortex, a 40-meter tall water sculpture, which aims to be the world’s tallest indoor waterfall.
- Casual strollers will appreciate Topiary Walk, home to life-size animal topiaries, and Petal Garden, featuring seasonal floral displays.
The Jewel terminal will connect to the main Terminal 1, 2, and 3. It replaces an old Terminal 1 car park. The Jewel project is a global collaboration of designers, architects, and engineers from the U.K., France, Germany, the Netherlands, and of course Singapore.
When visiting Changi Airport in 2019, be sure to visit Canopy Park. This may be one time you’ll wish your layover was longer!